LEMON AND GINGER BISCUITS
- 250 g of “O” organic flour
- 45 g of sunflower seeds oil
- 60 g of whole brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- approximately half a glass of soya milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- cane icing sugar for decoration (it’s sufficient to grind cane sugar)
- lemon peel to taste
Sieve the flour and add the baking soda, the salt, the sugar, the cinnamon and the ginger. Add the oil and the milk, a little bit at a time. Knead until obtaining a smooth and compact mixture. If necessary, add more milk or flour. Once you have a smooth and even dough, wrap it in transparent cooking film and let it rest for half an hour.
After this time has passed, roll out the dough with a rolling pin to around half a centimetre thick, sprinkling with flour to stop the dough from sticking. Make biscuit shapes using the special Christmas cutters. Lay them on a lined baking tray and cook for 20 minutes, until they have a nice golden colour. The kitchen will be infused with the delicious fragrance of ginger and cinnamon!
You can then have fun decorating them with icing as you wish.